‘Necessity is the mother of invention’ which means "When the need for something becomes imperative, you are forced to find ways of getting or achieving it.", This COVID-19 outbreak has proven that. Globally the companies are trying to effectively handle the negative impact on different industries and bring the resilience of operation.
Current Situation with COVID-19.
This unseen pandemic has put mankind in a state of uncertainty transforming life by adding importance for digital technologies and online communications. The number of cases and mortality rates going up day by day in many countries, the situation for normalcy is still unpredictable. The world is in anticipation of the vaccine, but the distribution of vaccine to millions across the world is also challenging. Unless the vaccine is on reach, the only option is to stay tuned with strict precautionary protocols.
What Global Pageant Inspection have done to manage the situation with COVID -19 Contingency Plan (# GP REF NO: GP-CP-001)
- We have taken the situation very seriously from the onset of this pandemic with actions and measures ensuring the well- being of the employees and clients.
- We have followed the instructions and guidelines of WHO and health authorities to deliver a safe working environment for our people and our business continuity.
- We review and collect the epidemic outbreak news from authorities and update our people to follow it according to the country updates and norms
- Our staffs are trained about the risk of COVID infection and how to deal with positive cases to minimise the transmission to protect the community.
- Remote working has been implemented for office employees to ensure safety and field staff work as per the client requirement with government directives.
- Resources with IT support was extended for work at home employees. Provided shared cloud data to work without any interruption.
- Digital training was given to the staff for the stringent safety and hygiene protocols that need to be strictly followed while working at home or stepping outside.
- Flyers and posters sharing the virus information were shared via emails and through different online channels to make them alert of the situation.
- We have taken measure to prioritise our services and our clients have extended their support.
- Open communication with clients to make them understand that we are open for business following local government guidelines.
- All client meetings are done on a virtual platform and we decided not to do any in-person meetings for a few months.
- Field employees have been trained to be extra cautious with sanitisation protocols and personal hygiene. Assure that they are following the standards set by the World Health Organisation and getting sanitised at regular intervals of work; every 30 minutes. Site staff will have to provide the COVID -19 HSE Induction record from the respective site.
- Sufficient hand sanitizers and mask are supplied and replaced when empty.
- They are trained to follow social distancing while wearing a face mask at all time also while on transport vehicles.
- We make sure their transport vehicles are not crowded.
- Six months contingency measures are taken within the organisation for the business continuity by focusing on what is more important on the strategic level during this circumstance. All our staffs were really cooperative for the management decisions.
- Essential measures are planned considering the future that is still not certain to managing the crisis and achieving our goal and vision that is crucial.
- All business and vacation travel plans are restricted until further notice.
- All recruitment process is on hold for non-operational areas.
- Regular internal and external communication is done to make sure the work is done smoothly highlighting the importance of mitigating the impact of this disruption.
- Work at home employees are asked to report on their doing during virtual meetings.
Offices resuming to normalcy the following precautionary measures are taken at Global Pageant Inspection strictly following the local authority guidelines:
- Office sanitisation is done regularly with the reinvention of workspaces for a safe distance and organising pantry area ensuring it is safe to use for the break.
- Visitors are not encouraged by our office premises until it is needed.
- The reception staff is trained for temperature screening and no person whose temperature >37.5 is allowed to enter the premises.
- Staff or visitors are advised to use the sanitiser fixed next to the door before entering the office.
- WHO’s hand washing and respiratory etiquette posters are placed in vicinity areas.
- Employees who are in contact with COVID positive cases are advised to stay home in quarantine.
- Office boy is trained for frequent cleaning and disinfection ensuring toilets, door handles, tabletops, coffee machine and individual devices are sanitised and trash is disposed of properly.
- Meetings if necessary are attended with one or two people following social distancing protocols.
- Common areas and all work desk are provided with 70% alcohol-based sanitiser and they are advised to use it and avoid touching a contaminated surface.
- A small isolation room is set up and any staff with COVID-19 symptoms will be immediately moved to isolation and reported to health authorities in no time.
Covid-19 is a serious economic, social and political problem. Dangerous financial crisis the humanity is facing. We will not be returning to the world without a mask or social distancing any time soon. Quick business trips or holidays will no longer be easy. Industries will take a long time to recover and reach a state before virus threat.
UAE with its massive COVID-19 testing has shown a positive response in fighting against the virus. The recoveries and reduced infected rates give us bigger hope. The public and private sectors are open to doing business.